Lawn Care? Huh?


Over the last few days, I've been noticing a lot of the neighbors working on their yards. Laying seed? Fertilizing? Putting down new mulch? As a newbie at yard care, I am well aware that I am probably supposed to be doing something similar, but haven't the slightest about what that "something similar" is for our yard. I also know that even one season's worth of neglect could mean at least a couple years of recovery to undo the damage. That is a ridiculous amount of pressure...over GRASS. Perhaps if my lawn could be more considerate of the fact we are in mid wedding planning chaos and not be so needy at the moment, that would be fantastic.

But seriously, how is it that some yards around the neighborhood already have lush, green grass, yet ours continues to look like dry, dead-ness. Don't get me wrong, the lush yards are very few and far between, so I don't feel quite so much like a failure. Most neighbors seem to have the same, neglectful and lazy attitude that we do for the time being. Even more challenging, is dealing with the timing of the crazy-ass Kansas weather. Sure, it's 70 degrees today...but in 4 days? Highs in the 40s and possibly freezing at night. How do you plan around THAT crazy good lawn people!?

Amidst watching some NCAA basketball, Google research on Spring time lawn care has been dominating my computer this weekend. The fun is set to begin next weekend, whatever that fun may entail. Wish us luck. :)


image via

No comments:

Post a Comment