Blizzard 2011

Now that we have thawed out a bit, I wanted to share a few photos I took around the house in the aftermath of the blizzard we had last week (or as the weatherman were calling it, SnOwMG). So silly. Anyway, I honestly can say I have never seen so much snow fall at once. The blizzard conditions created some enormous and beautiful snow drifts. There were so many business closed down, including mine. It was a city-wide, nearly state-wide snow day! Jared and I tried to order pizza the evening after the snow storm, and both Papa Johns and Pizza Hut were closed!

Here's the snowy carnage:

That's the water spigot coming out of the house and the hose holder, both nearly covered.


Enormous snow drifts in between the houses. You can see our trash can in the back, the drift is almost as tall!

Loved this shot of the drift lines. So pretty!


The shoveling of the driveway was one thing: two times, about 6inches shoveled each time, but the leftovers of the plow going by our driveway is another. Ugh. It's hard to tell from the photo, but that pile was about 2ft tall, and solid. Just when you thought you were done, ugh.


Of course I had to get one of the Rupe-dawg having a grand ol' time! The snow was so deep, he could only jump through it like a spring, nearly straight up and down. Adorable. :)

We will surely be waiting for this snow to melt for weeks to come. That means I'm going to have to go buy a lot more windshield washer fluid to get through the melty, salty roads during day to day commute. More snow might fall tomorrow and next week too! What a crazy winter this has been. I love it. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is a great one of Rupert! When I let Frank out during the blizzard last week, the snow was up around his chest - he turned and looked at me with this sad, pathetic stare as if to ask "what the hell am I supposed to do now?"

    ReplyDelete