Honeymoon plans!

Jared and I have started the super exciting task of planning of our honeymoon! Given the time of year of our wedding, a Caribbean destination is a little too much of a risk for me. Chances are a hurricane wouldn't occur, but it would be just our luck. :) So some other options include Hawaii, Mexico, heck even Egypt has come up! With the heavy travel Jared needs to do for work, we have more than a few points to cash in, and the opportunities are endless! If it has a Hilton, it's on the table. I suppose all the time he spends away has it's pros. (even though I would take him being home any day). I feel so lucky that we can consider so many opportunities for our week in wedded bliss. I never thought I'd say this, but thanks IBM. :)

I can't wait to get this decision nailed down so we can actually visualize our worry free week in paradise. :) If anyone has any recommendations in Mexico, Hawaii, or anywhere else for that matter, I would love to hear them!

4 comments:

  1. if the caribbean is out, my vote is for hawaii. i've never been there but it has always been a dream of mine to go. i can live through you vicariously! plus, i'm sure they have a hilton...it's still the u.s. it's supposed to be incredibly- snorkeling with sea turtles? yes, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abby, have you looked at Fiji? It has an Hilton Resort. Any time I've been traveling overseas, I ask other travelers about their favorite and most beautiful vacation destinations and Fiji often comes up. It's where I'm dreaming of going at the moment, though of course it wouldn't be at the same time:) Travis and I are thinking Fiji or a Greek Islands cruise. I wasn't sure where it was, but it's a 10-11 hour flight out of LA, between Hawaii and Australia...Just an idea. Happy planning! Such an exciting time! http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/NANHIHI-Fiji-Beach-Resort-and-Spa-Managed-by-Hilton/index.do -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. just dont put too much pressure on it... you will be newly married and on vacation... you WILL have a great time no matter where you go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Hawaii is still high on my list for sure Amy! I've never heard any bad stories from someone vacationing in Hawaii, unlike Mexico. And Laura, you are SO right. :) Fiji would be incredible Jenny! But SOOOO much travel time. I want to spend as MUCH time as possible relaxing on the beach! Maybe Fiji can be a 1st or 2nd yr anniversary trip. :)

    ReplyDelete