Who Wants A Cupcake?

Salted Caramel Buttercream icing, Chocolate Cupcake, Salted Caramel Cupcake

Happy Monday friends! This weekend I had the opportunity to try an absolutely, positively, to-die-for cupcake recipe. Just try to say The Perfect Chocolate Cupcake with Salted Caramel Buttercream Icing without drooling. Props to you if your mouth didn't water.

Now I am not one to bake confections from scratch. If there is a shortcut, I generally take it because that's just how I roll. However this weekend I was feeling a little...ambitious. Every element of this cupcake was made from scratch right down to the caramel used in the icing, and although it took me a bit longer than expected it was worth every minute, dirty bowl, and dusty counter top. These cupcakes are everything. There truly is a difference in cupcakes made from scratch, my husband can attest to that as much as I can. :)

A big thank you to the Chef In Training for sharing the recipe on her blog (where I found it from Pinterest). Just don't judge my final product against hers, because I couldn't quite achieve the cupcake boutique icing job with even remotely as much skill. :) No matter, this recipe is definitely a keeper!




No comments:

Post a Comment